• Massage releases
endorphins for peace and calm, which can aid in sleeping.
• Can begin training the body for deeper, easier
breathing. (Great for a peaceful & calm birth)
• Help to reduce stress for an easier pregnancy
and possibly easier delivery.
• Increase circulation.
• Helps maintain skin elasticity to ease stretch
• Helps to maintain good muscle tone.
• Massage helps to develop new red blood cells.
• Relieves muscle spasms, cramps and fibrosis.
• Alleviates stress on weight-bearing joints.
• Massage sooths uncomfortable tightness.
• Eases tension, headaches and fatigue.
• Massage can energize.
• In many cases it can reduce blood pressure
through relaxation and stress reduction.
• Increases blood and lymph circulation.
• Can reduce edema.
• Can possibly ease problems with swelling and
• Can aid digestion, constipation, gas, and nausea
and reduce indigestion.
• Massage can help the pregnant woman to feel
good in her changing body.
• Massage can provide great emotional support.
• Research has shown that the more love and nurturing
a pregnant woman receives the better chances are she
will be a very loving and nurturing mother.