1. Learn self help measures to relieve many physical
discomforts associated with pregnancy and the postpartum
2. Learn healthy ways to reduce stress and anxiety
before and during labor.
3. Practice effective pain coping skills.
4. Develop confidence and trust in your body for
5. Acknowledge and integrate your pregnancy and birth
as a rite of
passage into motherhood.
6. Bond with your pre-born baby/babies.
7. Make supportive connections with other pregnant
8. Address the emotional concerns of pregnancy, birth
9. Calm the central nervous system, bring a harmonious
state of peacefulness, balance and renewed energy.
10. Strengthen and tone the entire body.
11. Improving flexibility, posture, concentration,
endurance, balance, focus and clarity of mind.
12. Medical benefits which may include enhancing
the immune system, lowering cholesterol and high blood
pressure, alleviating symptoms of diabetes, asthma,
back and joint problems.
13. Honor the difficulties and celebrate the joys
of pregnancy and life.
14. A chance to just enjoy being pregnant.
15. Learn to trust your own instincts.